Interested in freelancing on Fiverr? Then we got you covered. In this post, I’ll share tips on how to create a gig on Fiverr that will guide you as a beginner as you start your freelancing journey on the platform.
I’ll show you how to create a gig in Fiverr. It is really easy to do and learn to do it in just a few minutes by following this super helpful tutorial to get a better understanding of everything.
Understanding Fiver and How it Works
Fiverr is a leading online marketplace that offers several services referred to as “gigs.” It’s a platform where freelancers can list and advertise their digital services to buyers all over the world.
There are plenty of gigs in different categories, including programming, digital marketing, lifestyle, graphics and design, and more.
Whether you’re a writer, a web developer, or a virtual assistant, you can make money on Fiverr doing what you love.
Regarding how it works, how to open an account, and seller categories here is a Complete Guide on how to register on Fiverr as a freelancer.
What is Gig?
First and foremost, you must understand what Gig is. A Gig, in simple terms, is a service that you sell. For example, Fiverr allows a new seller to create 7 Gigs, which means you may offer 7 separate services in the same account or related to each other, depending on your preference.
Now that you’ve Signed Up on Fiverr and Set Up a Seller Profile, it’s time to create your first gig. A gig is a job description you can use to showcase your services to buyers.
Each gig requires you to fill out basic information about your services.
How To Create A Gig On Fiverr
When you click “create a new gig,” the first section you’ll need to fill out is the overview. You’ll need to provide information for the following sections:
- Gig title: Tell your prospective buyers what you have to offer.
- Category: Select a category and subcategory that fits the service you’re offering.
- Service type: Choose the service you’d like to offer buyers.
- Gig metadata: Choose options that will make your gig stand out.
- Search tags: Choose keywords that can help your gig rank higher when buyers search for the service.
Fiverr uses packages as the pricing structure for selling services on the platform. Packages let sellers combine a basic gig with built-in revisions and other extras to create an offer that gives buyers what they want.
Pricing a package usually works like this:
- In the “name your package” field, give the section a title. If you opt to use the three sections, give each one a unique name. For example Basic Package, Standard Package, and Premium Package.
- Describe the services that you would offer to buyers and choose the delivery time. The delivery time should be constant or in ascending order.
- Choose the number of revisions you can provide to the buyer and the total price for each section in ascending order.
- You can choose to include extra services or omit them altogether.
Description and FAQ
In the description section, explain what your gig entails in the best way possible. Fill in the area for frequently asked questions by answering questions you think the buyer might want to know about the services you offer.
In this section, It’s your opportunity to tell buyers what you need in order to start on their order.
1. Enter the details of your requirement.
- Free Text: Buyers can write in their own words
- Multiple Answer: Answer fields will be displayed.
- b: Buyers must select from the options you provide. You can allow more than one answer.
2. If you need certain information, mark Answer is mandatory.
3. Click Add.
4. Finish defining your buyer requirements > Save & Continue
The Photo Gallery (Images and Video)
Add images or create a video that resonates with the gig you’ve created. You can download free stock images or create a video to promote your gig.
To be published, Gigs must have at least one image uploaded:
Drag an image/ Browse > Select an image.
General image guidelines:
- Upload up to 3 images that represent your Gig
- Images can be samples of your work
- Recommended image size: 1280px x 769px (at 72 DPI)
- Minimum image size: 712px x 430px (at 72 DPI)
- Resizing images:
- If you’re using a Mac, use Preview
- On Windows, use Photo Gallery
- Other free tools are available online
- All images should be owned by you
Don’t use copyrighted images or images downloaded from the internet—or your Gig won’t be approved.
To add a video: Drag a video/ Browse > Select video.
General video guidelines:
- Make sure that your video is no longer than 75 seconds
- Make sure that your video is less than 50 MB
- Never add contact information on your Gig’s video
When you’re done filling in all of the gig information and you’re sure it looks good, click on “Publish.” Once you do, the gig will go live and buyers will be able to find it.
Promote Your Gigs
Once you’ve published your gig, you can market it across social media. You can also send offers to buyers who post a request.
To promote and publish your Gig:
- Click Publish Gig.
- View the social networks where you can promote your Gig > Click an icon and fill in the details.
- Click Done.
Create your account on Fiverr using my referral code and you will get Up-To $100 when you will buy some services on Fiverr. Click the below button.
How To Create A Gig On Fiverr Video Guide
This video explains in detail step by step how to create a gig on Fiverr in just a few minutes. Watch it and learn how it’s done.
How do I create a gig on Fiverr on my phone?
Yes, it is possible to create a gig on Fiverr using a phone. Fiverr has a mobile app available for both iOS and Android devices that allows you to create and manage gigs. You can download the Fiverr app from the App Store or Google Play Store and sign in to your account to create a new gig.
How do I write a Fiverr gig description?
Your Fiverr gig description is an important part of your profile on the platform. It is the first thing that potential clients will see when they come across your gig, and it’s your chance to showcase your skills and expertise, so you need to know how to write good Fiverr gig descriptions.
Here is my top advice for writing brilliant Fiverr gig descriptions;
- Be clear and concise
- Use relevant keywords
- Provide a detailed description
- Use bullet points
- Include examples of your work
- Specify your requirements
- Offer additional options
- Mention your turnaround time
- Include all relevant details
Frequently Asked Questions.
Can I create a gig on Fiverr using a phone?
Yes, it is possible to create a gig on Fiverr using a phone. download the Fiverr app from the App Store or Google Play Store and sign in to your account to create a new gig.
Before you go…
Now you know that Creating a gig on Fiverr is easier than ever.
With the right guides and, a bit of effort, you can get started on your journey to becoming a successful freelancer.
Whether you’re looking to make extra money on the side or build a full-time career as a freelancer.
If this step-by-step tutorial helped you out please consider leaving a commenting down below if this works! Thank you so much!