Are you a student of the prestigious center of learning at the University of South Florida (USF), and looking for a guide to access the My Usf Login Portal? Then you’re in the right place!
In this complete guide, we will take you through using the MyUsf portal and also help you with some useful information that would no doubt be of help especially if you are still fresh at the school.
Related: USF Academic Calendar 2022-2023
What is MyUSF Login Portal
Your myUSF login account is the University of South Florida Student portal. It gives you access to the USF network, your USF email, Canvas, and other services.
You’ll use your account to make your enrollment deposit, register for classes, apply for housing, view USF academic calendar, and more.
Students, faculty, and staff can access CANVAS, GEMS, FAST, OASIS all in one place.
My USF gives departments and workgroups virtual spaces to share and work together on different projects. You will need your NetID to log in.
How to log into myUSF
All faculties, students, and staff of the USF need a NetID to sign into their myUSF account. NetID is your user identification to access services offered by the University of South Florida.
Below is the guide on how to login to my USF:
- To access USF portal,
- Navigate to my.usf.edu.
- Click on “myUSF” link.
- Enter your NetID.
- Then, enter your password.
- Log in to acess your account dashboard.
Your myUSF account will give you access to the USF network, your USF email, and other services. You’ll use your account to make your enrollment deposit, register for classes, apply for housing, and more.
If you have issues with the myUSF Login, you can always contact the support team at email@example.com. Another way is calling their helpline @ (813) 974-HELP (4357). There are teams available and ready to help you whether you are a student or an employee at the School.
How to activate your NetID
Your NetID is your passport to access services such as Canvas, OASIS account, email, and more. Meanwhile, it should not be confused with USFID as they are a separate entity.
The USFID is your unique identification number as a Student of the University of South Florida. The USFID number is given when you receive your acceptance letter via email. It normally starts with U and looks like this, U12345678.
NetID is your email address and login ID for USF systems. The following instructions will help you activate your NetID so that you can access USF systems.
- Click the URL netid.usf.edu
- Click Activate your NetID.
- Choose from the following: USF ID Number. Email address. If Your NetID Already ExistsYou will be given the option to look up your NetID or change your NetID password and you do not have to finish steps 4 – 9.
- Read the “USF Computer and Networking Access Agreement”.
- Select a NetID from the six options provided.
- Click Submit.
- Create a password for the selected NetID based on the provided password requirements.
- Re-enter the password to confirm.
- Click Submit.
- A confirmation of your NetID and U-number will be provided. It may take up to one hour for the activation to be completed.
Important Note: the email address must be the one you have been using during your application period, admission and even after. It must be linked to the school for you to be able to use it to activate your NetID at USF.
How to reset your password
Faculties, students, and staff can easily change their MYUSF login passwords on the portal. If you need to reset or change the password, simply follow the guide below:
- Go to netid.usf.edu
- Click on Change your NetID Password.
- Log in using your USF email and password.
- Enter your old password in the old password field.
- Enter your new password in both new password fields.
- Click Submit.
Setting up password recovery options
- Go to netid.usf.edu
- Click on the Setup Password Recovery Options link
- Sign in with your USF email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and your password
- Click Set it up now or Change next to the option you want to setup (pictured below)
- You must set up at least one of the available options.
- Enter the information that the option asks for
- Click the Finish button (pictured below)
The University Web Portal, MyUSF, is the entryway to your courses on USF Canvas.
How to access usf canvas within MyUSF
The MyUSF portal is a place where USF faculty, staff, and students can find all of the online services they can use on the web.
Some of these services include: Canvas, OASIS, USF communities and organizations online, access to email, libraries, Campus Bookstore, and many more student services and resources.
The decision to switch from Blackboard to Canvas as its Learning Management System seems to be the right one as one can easily point out some of the benefits of using an LMS. For freshmen, this may look too foreign, but the fact is you need no technical knowledge to make use of the USF’s LMS.
Almost every school is adopting the Learning Management System (LMS) and USF is also one. It is an online space where you can learn more about your schedules as well as assignments, view your coursework, classes, grades, and make contact with their instructors. The Canvas can be accessed by signing into MyUSF
New students should request their initial USFCard through MyBullsPath, or directly at the USFCard Request Site.
To gain access to MyUSF portal, follow the steps below:
How to access My usf canvas via the MyUSF login portal
- To access the My usf canvas, you will need to log into the MyUSF portal. The web address is https://my.usf.edu.
- Provide your NetID and Password to access your student account.
- Head over to Learning & Teaching Tool and from there, select Canvas.
University of San Francisco student portal
The University of San Francisco, California (USFCA) student portal is also known as myUSF.
It is not only the University of South Florida that has its name abbreviated as USF, so it is very easy to get confused as to what login portal you should use.
To avoid making mistakes, this is why we will be dedicating a section towards providing their respective login details.
To log in, navigate to myusf.usfca.edu, click on the LOG IN link at the top right. On the log-in page, enter your username and password to log in.
How to set up MyUSF account – usfca students
As a student at the University of San Francisco, one of the things you should get familiar with is the login portal to access all your school information like schedules, assignments, and more.
Here’s how you set up your myUSF account:
- Go to myusf.usfca.edu/caslogin and enter the username provided in your admission letter in the Username box.
- Leave the password box blank (your USF ID number is NOT your password).
- Click on “Problems signing in?”
- Select “Reset Password.”
- You will be asked to retype your username.
- The next screen will ask for a code. Check your email for a code from email@example.com. Make sure to check your spam folder, too.
- Enter the temporary code in the box.
- You will be guided through the steps to create a new password.
Below are the schools that use MyUSF and their login portal:
- University of South Florida: https://my.usf.edu
- University of San Francisco: visit https://myusf.usfca.edu and click login.