Are you looking for the best PayPal alternatives for freelancers? Check out these seven other options for accepting online payments.
When I started online, I had no idea how to receive payments from people outside of my own country, and PayPal was the only option to accept transactions from these foreign countries.
But, unfortunately, Paypal services are restricted in my country.
The good news is that PayPal isn’t the only digital payment service provider on the market.
Best Paypal Alternatives for freelancers in Tanzania.
Take a closer look at these seven best alternatives for Paypal in Tanzania and choose the one that makes the most sense for your clients/customers, and business.
As a freelancer, Payoneer is an easy way to receive your payments for us whose countries PayPal is not supported to receive payments and make withdrawals. Payoneer helps freelancers get paid quickly and securely.
It is one of the best Paypal Alternatives for freelancers.
This PayPal alternative focuses on market sectors such as eCommerce, online advertising, freelancing, and vacation rentals.
Payoneer provides a debit card to go with their online account so that you can withdraw funds from your bank or ATMs worldwide.
- Quick and easy account setup
- Seamless and straightforward transactions
- Used around the globe
- Major freelance platforms like Upwork and Fiverr support it
- High fixed account maintenance and ATM withdrawal rates
- Fees involved in bank account transfers unlike similar services where this is free
- Hit-and-miss customer service
- Overall, it is a reasonably reliable payment system used in any country globally, but you will need to come to terms with relatively steep rates compared with similar options.
2. Wise (formerly TransferWise)
TransferWise dubs itself “a cheaper way to send money internationally” and is a fantastic PayPal alternative if you make many international transfers.
Besides receiving online payments, you can also pay for a bank card to use your money directly.
- Automatically deposits to an outside bank
- Accept payments from all over the world
- Mobile payments
- You will have to wait for a week after a transaction to collect your funds
- Requires some programming skills
- Only available for merchants in the US, Canada, UK, Australia, and Ireland
It is a good and well-priced option for those based in a few selected countries.
Claim your first free transaction on TransferWise
Formerly known as Moneybookers, Skrill provides an online account that is relatively quick to set up and easy to use.
You can send money to other users, receive payments, buy items online, and send a prepaid debit card that you can use for payments stores or ATM withdrawals.
- It’s fast and easy to set up an account
- You can use it anywhere in the world
- Works with several major currencies
- Has a reasonable flat fee for transfers (1% and limited to 10 euros max)
- It’s fairly secure
- Stringent fraud prevention policies can cause problems like freezing accounts
- Poor customer service makes it challenging to resolve issues quickly
As long as you aren’t one of the few unlucky people who experience a problem and have to deal with their lackluster customer service, Skrill is an excellent online and offline payment method.
4. Cryptocurrency via Binance Pay.
Binance Pay is a cryptocurrency-based PayPal alternative used for P2P payments and taking online payments as a freelancer. Clients can pay using stablecoins, BNB coins, BTC, and various other digital currencies.
All you’ll need is your Binance wallet to get started.
You’ll need a Binance account with full KYC to access Binance pay.
If you already have a Binance account, go to your profile page and select Binance pay to start setting up your payment account for accepting payments and transferring P2P payments like PayPal.
5. Stella XLM via GetPaid Africa
Register with GetPaid Africa and start receiving payments from anywhere in the world. Your GetPaid wallet will help you obtain your gigs payments from your clients all over the globe in stellar xlm coins and withdraw directly to your bank account or mobile money anywhere in Tanzania.
6. NALA Money
Nala money is a new kind of mobile money transfer for Africans worldwide! Make safe, affordable, and reliable international payments to Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda.
However, it’s only a great option if you have clients from Uk. But, according to NALA CEO, they are planning to expand to USA and Europe soon.
Looking for a way to send and receive money from abroad? Grey, which used to be called Aboki Africa, has made a way for Africans to get foreign bank accounts to receive and send foreign payments online.
Grey is among the best Paypal alternatives for Tanzanians.
With Grey, you can create a foreign bank account in Tanzania, which you can use to transfer funds in and out of Tanzania quickly and securely.
There are lots of Paypal alternatives out there. However, I enjoy using Payoneer the most due to their credibility & excellent service.
Although their fees are a bit high, they are linked to most of the major freelancing platforms.
Which service do you prefer as a PayPal alternative?
Share your thoughts in the comment section below.
Is PayPal available in Tanzania?
There is simply no way to receive payments with PayPal in Tanzania as a business. That feature is blocked. In case a PayPal account is registered in Tanzania, you will only be able to send a payment but not receive one.
Some of the links in this article may be affiliate links, which can provide compensation to me at no cost to you if you decide to join and purchase a paid plan. These are products I’ve personally used and stand behind.