Procurement Associate at Wasoko
Dar es Salaam
Wasoko (“people of the market” in Swahili) is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. We are East Africa’s biggest digitized retail distribution platform powered by our own in-house logistics network. Tens of thousands of informal retailers across six countries (Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda, Ivory Coast and Senegal) use Wasoko to order everyday essential goods and receive working capital financing.
The informal retailers of Africa today are the primary if not the only channel used by consumers to purchase essential goods worth over $600 billion per year. The fragmented infrastructure across large land mass, distributed but diverse population and rather a smaller basket size spend does not yet lend themselves to big basket retail or mass consumer ecommerce. Instead, the informal retail ecosystem is THE channel for building the plumbing for digital and consumer
commerce across Africa.
This is Wasoko’s opportunity. Wasoko with its brand, scale and logistics network is best positioned to build the technology-leveraged rails to serve the 1+ billion African consumers through informal retailers. We are building a digital-first operating system for informal retailers, focusing initially on B2B distribution but quickly incorporating a host of other tools and services to help communities across Africa get more for less.
- 40+ Job openings at ASA Microfinance Tanzania Limited
- Job Opportunities at Dangote Cement – February 2023
- 90 Cabin Crews at Air Tanzania (ATCL) 2023
Role: Procurement Associate
Seeking an exceptional supply chain professional with 3-5+ years of experience to manage suppliers relating to the operations; this includes but is not limited to stock suppliers, vehicle vendors and logistics companies. You are responsible for driving company supplier term negotiations, by ensuring we receive the best margins, payment terms and build strong
partnerships across the country operations.
Location: Zanzibar, Tanzania
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Study average daily sales in the leading system, discuss requirements with the Supplier Relations division and propose a purchasing plan
- Based on guidelines from the Supplier Relations team – evaluate and negotiate with good suppliers in terms of quality, price, delivery and payment terms.
- Schedule regular reports (e.g. open, partially delivered and overdue PO’s, goods in transit,
- supplier performance matrix, inventory turn rate) and meetings
- Actively manage and monitor the procurement and delivery of goods to the warehouses, to ensure KPIs are being met and revised regularly
- Improve supplier lead-time compliance through optimization of delivery tracking
- Support strategic sourcing initiatives – Provide input on local spend situation and category practices, provide insights on local supplier market and support the development of the contract implementation plan
- Assist in Monitoring all distribution agreement contracts and ensure invoices from suppliers and POs to suppliers are as per the agreed terms
- Expedite and follow-up on purchase orders, resolve Procurement related client or supplier follow up questions and update Purchase Order
- Proactively identify opportunities which will align supplier needs with the organizational goals
- Manage and implement strategies for procuring, and distributing goods to maintain stock levels
- Advise supply chain team members
- Act as the single point of contact for the Procurement function – Ensure that procurement policies and procedures are complied with and act as a link between the local internal stakeholders, suppliers and the procurement organization
- Preferred 2 year of experience in a similar role
- Bachelor degree, preferably in Business Management, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, ,
- or Related Field
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management Procedures, Logistics Skills, Strategic Planning
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced sales environment
- Strong selling, negotiating and consulting skills
- Strong data analysis and superior organizational skills,
- Effective interpersonal and analytical abilities
- Strong oral, written communication & presentation skills
- Willingness to travel for work within the country
- Must love working with people and cross-cultural teams