Are you freshmen at UC San Diego who has just been accepted and are trying to log into your UCSD Email? Or perhaps you simply want to know how to get into a student’s email account.
You can follow along as I help you log into your UCSD email.
We’ll outline each step in detail so you can quickly create and set up your email and begin reading your messages.
So let’s get going!
UCSD Email: How to Access UC San Diego Email account.
UC San Diego provides an email address for faculty, staff, and students, as well as many affiliates. Your affiliation and department determine the type of email account and support services available to you. Follow the instructions to obtain a UCSD email account.
If you are a new student, you will receive a UCSD email account a few days after you submit your Statement of Intent to Register (SIaR). To set up your email account, see instructions on how to activate and access your student account.
If you are a former student, you will no longer have access to a UCSD email address. If you would like to maintain a UCSD email address, the Alumni Association provides a UCSD forwarding email address service for alumni.
How to check your UCSD email
Check your UCSD email securely from home or a public computer:
- Open your Web browser and go to UCSD Web Access at mail.ucsd.edu.
- Enter your AD username and password and click Log on to see your email.
- Your username is usually the first part of your email address (before the @ symbol).
- If you use an email server other than mail.ucsd.edu, contact your system administrator or the ITS Service Desk for instructions.
How to activate and access your new student account
New incoming students can follow these steps to activate and access their new UC San Diego email account.
In addition to email, this student account is used for other ITS-supported services and systems such as computer labs, WiFi networks, WebReg UCSD, UCSD VPN, and the UCSD Canvas learning management system.
Find your username and email
- Navigate to the Student Account Lookup tool.
- Under the second option (‘Forgot Username?’), enter your Last Name and Student PID, click Submit to see your account username.
- Click on the button displaying your account username.
- This will show info about your account and your official UC San Diego email address. Once you enroll in classes, information about computing resources will also be displayed by this tool.
- At the top, you should see a New Students account activation alert with a Change Password link displayed.
NOTE: it may take 1-2 business days after you indicate acceptance of your admission offer in Slate for your account to be available. If your account is not found and you recently accepted, please try again a day or so later.
Set your password
- Once you know your username, click that Change Password link.
- Locate the first password change option, If you know any working passwords, use your original MyTritonLink/Triton Checklist password as your current password and enter a password for your ETS student account (you may reset the same password at this step).
- If your current password is not recognized, even if it does work for MyTritonLink, you’ll need to use the link in the If you don’t know your existing password section to reset your password by answering your security question.
- If the password change is successful, you will receive a confirmation screen stating the time your new password will take effect on all systems. This will usually be less than 15 minutes.
Check out UCSD Academic Calendar – Important Dates and Deadline
Log into your email
- Once your account is set up, you can access your student email and set up email on your device. All new undergraduate students and most new graduate students will access student email on UC San Diego Gmail.
- If you are unsure where your student email is located, information about where to access your email can be found using the Student Account Lookup tool.
How to read your UCSD email on your iPhone or iPad
- Enable IMAP
- Sign in to UC San Diego Gmail at gmail.ucsd.edu.
- Select your UC San Diego email or click Add Account.
- Click the gear icon and select Settings.
- Under the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab, select Enable IMAP.
- Click Save Changes.
- Add Account to iOS
- Open the Settings application, then go to Mail, Contacts, and Calendars. Select Add Account → Google.
- Sign in with your Google Account
- Email: Your UC San Diego email address
- Password: Your password